Tuesday, May 14, 2013

We're doin' "Lace & Handmade Flowers" at Sassy Cheryl's!

Well, well, well! Here it is . . . another fabulous Tuesday!! Why fabulous, you ask? Well . . . for lots of reasons . . . health and happiness and beautiful weather . . . oh, yeah . . . and because it's time for super-de-duper challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog?!!  Wheet whoo! My sweet friend and talented (yet cleverly sassy) Cathy (hey . . . Sassy Cathy . . . that has a nice ring to it, huh?) is our hostess this week!! And Miz Cathy would like to see us make something with  . . .

Lace & Handmade Flowers!

So . . . I decided to try something a bit different!! Brace yourselves!! You are about to witness the full extent of my "sewing" abilities!! hehe! Wait for it . . . .  
Fabric Flowers!! Cool, huh?!! OK . . . so . . . allow me to introduce you to two of Sassy Cheryl's newest digi images!! Meet "Maddie and her Ladybug" AND "Max and his Ladybug"!! I just couldn't decide which of these two sweethearts to color up this week . . . so I did what any indecisive person would do! I used them BOTH! hehe!! I actually merged these two cutie patooties . . . and erased the ladybugs! Why? Well . . . not because I don't love ladybugs. . . 'cuz I love them plenty!! I just thought that Maddie and Max - sans ladybugs - look like they're sharing some delicious gossip!! Here's a close-up . . . 
I have to tell ya, I just love the "vintage-y" look of these new images!! You can find them HERE and HERE in the "New" section of Sassy Cheryl's store!! Now . . . since Maddie and Max look kinda vintage-y to me, I decided to go with a totally "RETRO" feel with this card!! Lime green and teal blue . . . how fabulously retro is that?! And, can ya believe it? I found fabric to match! So . . . retro flowers too! hehe! Here's a bit of a side view . . .
  My card "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen Metallic White cardstock
Lucky Limeade & Island Indigo cardstock: Stampin' Up
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Sentiment:100 Proof Press
Corner die: Whimsy
Trellis punch: Martha Stewart
Lace, ric rac, fabric (for flowers), & buttons: My stash
Colored with Copics & Colored Pencils

A peek at the inside . . .
I know . . . kinda bright, huh? Well . . . everything was bright and psychedelic in the 60's! hehe!! Oh . . . and since this is just an "anything" card, I thought this sentiment would be kinda fun . . . 
It pretty much says it all, right? Oh . . . and . . . let's not forget the "artsy" view . . . 
So, there ya have it!! Lace & handmade flowers . . . just for my sweet - and very sassy - Cathy!! Now do skip on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to take a peek at what my talented DT sistahs have been up to this week!! Then, grab your craft supplies and at least one Sassy Cheryl image and join us for this week's "Lace & Handmade Flowers" challenge! Remember . . . 

One lucky participant, selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

Oh . . . and  one more super cool thing...
Sassy Cheryl's will be having a DESIGN TEAM CALL in June . . . 
so stay tuned for details . . . coming soon!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!! Until next time . . . hugs!