Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's officially Autumn!

Just a quick note...if you'd like to see my newest Sugar Bowl DT card....please scroll down...it's just beneath this Mo Manning post! Thanks!
*********

Hi sweet friends!! Well...I'm back from vacay...a little tan and a lot relaxed! And I'm thrilled that it's officially Autumn on my side of the equator! Whoohoo...my fave season!! And what better way to kick off a new season than with a fun new challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog!! Our hostess again this week is my very talented friend and DT sister, Iulia! I think she wants all of us to jump right into Fall...because for this week's challenge, Iulia has chosen the theme...
Autumn Colors

and she's given us this gorgeous photo to use for inspiration...


Awesome, huh?! Sooooo...I focused on the reds and more muted greens for my card this week...and made a cute little "Shabby Chic" Thanksgiving Card! What'cha think?


I gotta tell ya, I've loved Mo Manning's little "Sprout" since I first saw her! She is so dang adorable in her stick-straight pig-tails and overalls!! And that flower pot looks almost bigger than she is! hehehe! You can find her in Mo's online store HERE.

Ya know...I had the best time making this card! "Sprout" was an absolute joy to color...and then I had such fun finding and adding all those little extra "goodies"!! Oh...and a great BIG THANKS to my DT sistah, Debbie Lanci! I totally "stole" her "corrugated cardboard hearts" idea from a gorgeous card she sent me for my retirement!  Thanks, Deb. You rock! Here's another view...


I layered lots of papers...distressed the edges w/th my Distress-it-all distresser. (That thing is sooo cool!) I smeared the edges with Picket Fence distress crackle paint, and then I sponged Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink on just about everything that wasn't moving! hehehe! Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, and Very Vanilla cardstock from Stampin' Up are the three yummy Fall colors that I used...plus some coordinating DPs from Paper Studio's Mirabella Collection. The Always Artichoke seam binding is also from SU. I added raffia ribbon, brads, cardboard shears, and a flower pot w/flowers Ifrom my stash)...all "grunged up" a bit with distress ink. Here's another angle...


Then I decided to do something a bit different on the inside...I added a "cross-over" pocket with a little note card. I kinda like the result and will definitely use this design again...


Here are the Copics I used to color this cutie patootie...
E21, 00, 000, 000 (skin)
R20 (cheeks)
E25, 23, 21, 11, 51, YR20 (hair)
YR23, 20, & Y21 (shirt)
R59, 81, RV10 (shoes, shirt stripes)
YG97, 95, 93, 91 (overalls)
G21, 20, E31, W1 (ground)
E19, 17, 15, 13, 11 (flower pot)
W1, 0, 00 (shading)
& Prisma pencils to make the shading a bit richer

That fun medallion thingie was made with one of my Just-Rite stamps...I colored it with Prisma pencils. OK...here's one last pic for y'all...


So...now you'll want to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE so you can drooool over the gorgeous "Autumn"creations by my DT sistahs!! Then it's your turn to get busy on your own Mo Manning challenge project!! Just make a card, tag, or 3D project using one (or more) of Mo Manning images (you can find them in Mo's online store HERE and HERE)...and come join the fun!!

And...that's it for me. Thanks so much for visiting, my darlins, and for your encouraging comments! Big hugs...until next time....