Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ribbons and Lace at Mo's

Happy Thursday, m'darlins!! Well, I'm back from a week-long "Smooth Jazz" Caribbean Cruise with my handsome husband. Unfortunately, it was a bit rainy and I caught a crummy cold, but the music was incredible . . . and the food and adult beverages were delish!! And, of course, hanging with my best friend for a week was beyond fabulous! I love sharing experiences with my hubby . . . and, apparently, I love sharing my COLD with him too! Oops!!

OK . . . so I'm ready for another fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog!! How about you?! My lovely and talented friend and DT sister, Franz, is our hostess for this week's challenge . . .  and she's chosen the theme . . .
Lace &/or Ribbons!
Easy peasy!! Especially with Valentine's Day right around the corner! Here's what I came up with . . .
I've been wanting to do something kind of "vintage-y" . . . you know, with a little embossing and "smudged" edges. And I found these precious Mo Manning images that absolutely fit my "Vintage Valentine" theme perfectly!! These images are called "With Love" and are available HERE and HERE in Mo's online store. Here's a close-up . . . 
I just couldn't resist creating a "romantic" scene with these little sweethearts. Oh . . . I forgot to mention that I printed these images out with brown-ish ink rather than black. Well, actually,my printer thinks this is "orange" ink . . . but I think it looks more like sepia. Here's a bit of a side view . . .
My Card "Recipe" . . .
Very Vanilla & Chocolate Chip cardstock: Stampin' Up
Edges inked with Creamy Caramel: Stampin' Up
Digi DPs: "Spring Whimey Too" from Nitwit Collections
 Small Madison Window & Shutters dies: Memory Box
Corner dies: SCACD & Whimsy
Textile (I think) embossing folder: Cuttlebug
Sentiment: Penny Black
Ribbon, pearls, & charm: My stash
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Copic Sketch markers & colored pencils

A peek at the inside . . .
And . . . of course . . .
Alright . . .  now it's your turn . . . but before you get started, please head on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog to check out the fabulous projects created by Franz and the rest of my talented DT sistahs! Then, please join us for this week's challenge. It's easy and super fun. . . just pull out your craft supplies and at least one Mo Manning image and start creating!!

Oh . . . and don't forget, Mo is awarding (selected at random) one $5.00 shopping spree at her online store for every 25 challenge participants! What an easy and fun way to get some new Mo images, right?!

I've decided to enter this card into . . . 

And . . . that's it for me! Thanks so much for stopping by and, as always, for leaving such sweet comments. Hugs . . . .

18 comments:

Boxofcolours said...

Beautiful card Pat, sorry to hear you caught a cold whilst away, but hope you had a fab time anyway.
Hugs
Jane

Christina C. said...

Loooove this card, Pat.... lots of creativity going on here! Adorable images, colored to perfection. Love the window treatment!

Carla S. said...

Fabulous creation, Pat! Brilliant coloring and design! Love the window! Glad you had fun on the cruise, but sorry you caught a cold.

Tracy said...

You are awesome! The window follows through to the inside! So cool Pat! The lighter printing makes so much difference in the look of stamps. You have created the sweetest little scene, like Romeo and Juliet. LOL Hugs!

Paper Profusion said...

Awww - this is brilliant Pat - great thought went into every element and it shows. Love how you have done both parts of inside too. Super super gorgeous. Get well soon! Nicola x

Candy said...

Sorry you have a cold, Pat. Hope you and your hubby get well soon.
Your card is wonderful!! I just love the whole thing. Reminds me of me when I was little and therefore it is VINTAGE LOL LOL
You put a lot of thought into this one :o)
Love the pretty paper and your colouring of the two wonderful images. Your 'house' is adorable.
Hugs, Candy
Magnolia-licious Designer

Ann Marie Governale said...

This is so adorable.. loving the window and how the images peek out from it! Just so perfect.xxx Ann Marie

Mau xx said...

This is super Pat, I so love the window with its lace. Brilliant choice of colours too.
Sorry you caught a cold sweet lady, Snuggle up to hubby and get well together :)
Huge Hugs mau xx

Monique said...

That is so cute Pat!

Hugs Monique

Debbie said...

How adorable, to have her peeking out of the window like that.. So cute, another fantastic job. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me.

Hugs
Debbie

Cathy said...

Ms Pat, this is just gorgeous as everything you do and I love the window and you are such an enabler that I had to go find the darn thing it is so beautiful :) paybacks are hell I guess LOL. Love everything about your creation GF!!!

Trudy Pope said...

Wow, fabulous card!!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Beautiful! What a great idea for these images. I love the window die. This is a piece of art. Someone will be thrilled to receive this!
Blessings,
Michelle

AnjaCardz said...

Sweet GF, you rock! Your little scene is so totally stunning, love everything about it. Printing the images in brown is something I definitely have to keep in mind. This looks absolutely beautiful and gives the characters a more natural look.
And by the way, you are responsible for me having to buy this die! LOL

Big hug, Anja

Iulia said...

Hey sweetie! This is a fab one, you know! Great scene with such cute chacaters; all beautifully done! The inside is just perfect; can't tell if the boy or the girl actually makes the wish...he he; it's always the girl:)).
Great colors and coloring sweetie, you know no one can beat you there:)
Hugs, Iulia

Ann English said...

Your cards are so much more than mere cards-absolute works of rt. this one is a storybook all on its own. I could look at it for hours---and I'm sure it took hours to produce frm start to finish!

Kim Bell said...

Sweetie-Pat
Another stunning card. Love how the image peeks out the window. AWESOME. You do amazing cards every week more and more inspiration.

Hugz
Kim

Grenouille Greetings said...

I'm trying (and failing) to not comment on everything or I will still be her at sun up (and it's already 1.15am!! But this is just adorable. Your colouring is always fab and is especially so in this creation and I always love how pretty the insides of your cards are but again, this one is even more wonderful. Love the window on the inside! Hugs, Lesley