Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tilda in Green & Blue...

Hey kiddos!! So...here's something cool...it's the second Tuesday of October!! We've had some lovely "early fall" weather here in Richmond, VA...and I am totally lovin' it! My sweet hubby and I have even started doing some walking with our two furbabies!! The leaves haven't started changing colors quite yet...but soon, I suspect!! And then, before we know it...Winter Holidays! Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!

And, how cool is it that it's time for another fabulous Color Challenge at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog! Our very talented DT leader, Candy, is hostess for this month's Color Challenge...and she's chosen the yummiest color combo...

Blue...Green...& White or Clear

Oooh...and Candy chose this gorgeous blue & green photo to help give us a wee bit of inspiration...


Now...in case you're wondering...I'm swearing off Clean and Simple cards for a while! LOL!! And I thought it would be fun to make a Tent Card. You can find a really simple tutorial HERE by my incredibly  talented friend, Dena!


I used "Tilda in Winter Night" ...she's so dang cute, don'tcha think?! And she's available at Diana Crick's Magnolia-licious online store HERE! Here's sort of a side view...


And my card "Recipe"...
  • Stampin' Up Cardstock (Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue)
  • DPs: Bo Bunny "Blitzen" Collection
  • Ribbon & rhinestone swirls: my stash
  • Sentiment stamp: Lili of the Valley
  • Liquid Applique (for the fur)
  • Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
  • Nestabilities & Cuttlebug corner die
  • Star Dust Stickles 
Here's one last pic...



Copics used to color this little cutie...
  • E21, 00, 000, 0000 (skin)
  • R20 (cheeks)
  • E25, 23, 21, 53, 51, 50 (hair, shoes, & lantern)
  • YR21, 000, Y21 (light)
  • B26, 23, 21, 000, 0000 (blues)
  • G24, 21, 20 (greens)
Okey dokey all you Maggie lovers...it's time for you to pop on over to Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and see what my talented Design Teamies have created for inspiration. Then...we'd LOVE for you to join in the fun by making and entering your own paper creation into this month's Magnolia-licious Color Inspiration Challenge. Remember, one lucky participant (selected at random, of course) will win a $25.00 gift voucher for a Magnolia-licious Shopping Spree!! And...who knows? That lucky person may just be YOU!!!


And...that's it for me!! Thanks so much for stopping by...and for leaving such kind comments! Now...let the craftin' begin!! Great big "Maggie" hugsssssssssss!

26 comments:

Boxofcolours said...

Ooh I love the way you've attached the sentiment - very cool! Great work as always my friend.
Hugs
Jane

Linda said...

WOW WOW WOW this is absolutely stunning!!!!!! Oh my this would look stunning in my charistmas house!!!!!! Wow what a fabulous job you did on this!!!!!! Absolutely breathtaking!!!!!!

Pam said...

Pat....love your blue and green creation. Tilda is soooo cute!
I also love how you attached the sentiment.
Hugs,
Pam:)

Monique said...

Wonderfull card Pat ! I love the colours you used and that image is sooo cute. I must really use it more often, haha.

Hugs Monique

Paula said...

This is so dang cute!! Love the colors, the style of card, the embellies, Tilda.....heck, I LOVE it all!!!

Barb Hardeman said...

Love this card Pat, so fresh and crisp just like the changing seasons. Beautifully colored, but then I expect that from you! Love the way you framed your circle with the gorgeous flowers and the sentiment is delightful hanging from the center. Altogether a stunning card...hugs...Barb

Suzi said...

Oh WOW! this is totally DELICIOUS!!! I love the design, papers and sweet Tilda is just so adorable. Beautiful colouring Pat.
Hugs
Suzi x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Slow down, Pat - I can't keep up! Two absolute beauties in your post today! Tilda is magnificent in her liqued applique fur trim, fabby papers and beautiful embellishments; and flat bottomed girl (wasn't that a song by the band Queen?) - she must be a girl because she looks so pretty in pink - is oh so sweet! Gorgeous colour work. Gorgeous cards! Hugs, Lesley

Elle said...

I love your tent card. The Christmas image is perfect for your framed sentiment. Beautiful!

Angela said...

Absolutely beautiful card Pat! Love how the sentiment hangs from the center. Tilda is colored beautifully - love the dimension on the fur on her coat! Gorgeous! hugs, Angela

Dena said...

Ya know, this is the one I never got last year because it was always sold out! It is super cute and your card is amazing as usual!!! You're a rock star m'dear! haha!
Hugs, Dena

cathylynn said...

Yummy Pat!!!! Jeepers this is just beautiful. So much to admire and I love your colors! Great as always!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Pat, this is fabulous!! Love, love, love it!! Beautiful embellishments and they all compliment each other. Love that you dangled the sentiment in the peek a boo window. ~jeni :)

Barb said...

Oh Pat, this card is adorable! Luv your attention to detail and the way you highlighted the "fur."
Thanks for sharing,
Barb

Christina C. said...

OMG....Pat, this is absolutely breathtaking...WOW, WOW!!!!!
lOVE this adorable Tilda and the dangling sentiment is brilliant!
You are an incredibly talented card maker! This is a STUNNING creation.

Paper Tails said...

Beautiful card! Tilda is so adorable....

Karen

julieprice3 said...

Absolutely Beautiful Pat! Love the attention to detail, just lovely!
Hugs Julie P

Rene said...

Pat Pat Pat...what a GORGEOUS creation!!!!! Every time I stop by I am just blown away by your talent! This is gorgeous...the colors...her fluff...if I could make cards like this, I would NEVER make another CAS card! LOL!
Rene :D

Norma said...

Gorgeous tent card, Pat. You know I haven't made one yet. I put it on my to-do list the last time you made one, but I still haven't gotten around to doing it.
Ooh, I just love this Tilda image. And now you made me want colour her too...LOL. Love how you hang the sentiment. The liquid applique looks fab.
Hugs,
Norma

America said...

Totally stunning. Cant get enough of your work. wow!

Corinne said...

Pat, your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors you used for your DP. Your coloring is wonderful. I am going to have to try the tent card.
Hugs~
Corinne

Linda said...

Totally Awesome Tilda. I love the way you used the darker shades, yet made the card bright. Total color control. Beautiful.

Jean said...

Hi Pat, I adore tent cards and love how your did yours.. love Tilda sitting on the side with her fur jacket and your colors are so wonderful how you incorporated your green, blue and white/clear. A gorgeous card, one to be proud of....
Hugs, Jean

cabio's craft corner said...

Wow Pat, I love all the great little details of this card. This looks wonderful and your flowers arranged beautifully :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Iulia said...

Wow, girl, you've been so prolific lately; This is my favorite Tilda from last year Christmas collection and your tent card is the perfect choice to showcase it. Fabulous coloring and colors! Wow! Fantastic, m'dear!
Hugs

Stampin Mindy said...

Beautiful colors and details. Great coloring, too.
Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts.

Hugs, Mindy